Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Virginia Tech And The Spring Football Game

This past Saturday, I was in Blacksburg, Virginia to watch the Virginia Tech spring football game.  The weather was warm and sunny, which allowed me to walk around the campus.  In the center of campus is a large open area known as the Drill Field.  At its eastern end is the War Memorial Chapel, which includes pylons that are engraved with the names of alumni who died while in military service.

North of the Drill Field is Burriss Hall, the university's principal administrative building.  To the left is part of the memorial to the victims of the 2007 shooting.

During my time as a VT student, the Newman Library, which had previously been rectangular, was given this semi-circular addition.

Inside Squires Students Center was this statue of the Hokie Bird, called "The Spirit Of Tech".

I wandered up to the Newman House, home of the Catholic chaplain, where I had spent some time during my student days.  This is the front view.

I eventually found my way to Lane Stadium and sat in its east side.  The punters and kickers took the field early to do some warmups.  Behind them is the west side.

The rest of the team took the field for some pregame exercises.  As you can see, the west side stands filled up pretty well.

It was soon time to put my camera away and watch the game.  To learn how the game went, go to Gobbler Country and VT Scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment