Sunday, May 21, 2017

Downtown Gettysburg

Since I live in Maryland, I'm pretty close to some places in southern Pennsylvania, such as Gettysburg.  I recently drove up there, not to visit the battlefield, as I have done in the past, but to check out the center of town, including this statue of Abraham Lincoln and a modern citizen.

Whether the modern guy is singer Perry Como, former House Speaker John Boehner, or someone else appears to be a matter of opinion.

In the middle of the traffic circle at the center of town (which is also the intersection of US-30 and US-Business-15) is this very green island.

Like the statue, this monument to Company K is located on the sidewalk surrounding the traffic circle.  You can read more here, too.

After visiting these places, I was off to find a place to eat, and then drive back down to Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment